Work in the The Cayman Islands, a place that has long drawn sun-seekers and wanderlusters from around the globe – and for good reason! The warm, friendly nature of its people creates an inviting atmosphere unlike anywhere else in the Caribbean.
Established in 2009, the Da Vinci Centre is a medical spa that innovatively combines state of the art western medicine and complementary healing practices. We pride ourselves on fostering a team environment, where therapists can gain clinical excellence and professional growth. We’re searching for a highly experienced massage therapist to join our growing medical spa. The right person for the job will be able to apply expert clinical skills to meet our patients’ needs with empathy and understanding.
Full time salaried position with commission and opportunities for performance bonus. Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications. All benefits as per Cayman Islands Labour Law.
• Performs professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing
• Designs specific sessions based on clients individual needs.
• Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis.
• Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
• Adhere to industry standards and medical guidelines
Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas)
• Evaluate clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion
• Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used
• Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance
• Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients' skin
• Discuss with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors in order to develop treatment plans for clients
• Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records of clients
• Experience working in a spa or therapy center environment preferred
• Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage
• Proficient knowledge of traditional waxing techniques, and beauty treatments (including facials and ear candling)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Great interpersonal skills
• Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods
• Ability to keep a well-groomed, professional appearance
• Ability to perform massages on diverse clients
• 4+ years' experience as a professional massage therapist
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, consistent ability to demonstrate clinical excellence, strong desire to develop professionally
• Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills
• Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org