Work in the The Cayman Islands, a place that has long drawn sun-seekers and wanderlusters from around the globe – and for good reason! The warm, friendly nature of its people creates an inviting atmosphere unlike anywhere else in the Caribbean.
Established in 2009, the Da Vinci Centre is a medical spa that innovatively combines state of the art western medicine and complementary healing practices. We pride ourselves on fostering a team environment, where therapists can gain clinical excellence and professional growth. We’re searching for a highly experienced acupuncturist to join our growing medical spa. The right person for the job will be able to apply expert clinical skills to meet our patients’ needs with empathy and understanding.
Full time salaried position with commission and opportunities for performance bonus. Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications. All benefits as per Cayman Islands Labour Law.
• Identifies the correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients anatomy
• Analyzes physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Asian medicine traditions. Maintains detailed and complete records of healthcare plans and prognoses
• Formulates herbal preparations based on their herbal properties to treat conditions
• Evaluates treatment outcomes and recommends new or altered treatments to promote, restore, or maintain health.
• Educates patients on topics such as meditation, ergonomics, stretching, exercise, nutrition, the healing process, breathing, and relaxation techniques.
• Excellent active listening and critical thinking skills with a service orientation. Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Ability to monitor ongoing activities in consideration of changing patient conditions.
• General knowledge of biology and medicine.
• Strong customer and personal service perspective.
• Basic understanding of psychology, therapy and counseling.
• Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods
• Ability to keep a well-groomed, professional appearance
• Ability to perform massages on diverse clients
• Must be a licensed acupuncturist with a masters degree or post baccalaureate certificate from an accredited school.
• 4+ years' experience as a professional acupuncturist
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, consistent ability to demonstrate clinical excellence, strong desire to develop professionally
• Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org